With the season for garden parties and BBQs finally upon us, there’s no better time to transform your bathroom into a bright tropical paradise and impress your guests this summer.
Charlotte Conway, our fabulous Interior Design Consultant, is here to give her top tips on how to embrace the sunshine in your home with a breathtakingly bold and bright bathroom design:
“A simple classic suite will often be in a neutral palette – but adding a burst of colour can completely transform any bathroom!
“To add a design edge, like in this Heritage Bathroom, incorporate bright bathroom accessories and pink towels with a clash of yellow to give a more eye catching and distinctively individual finish.
“If you want to re-create a look like this in your own home, here are some more of my design top tips:
• “Introduce a brightly coloured radiator, or look for options that come primed and ready to paint like this one from Heritage Bathrooms, so you can unleash your inner designer.
• “To make an impact, incorporate a playful feature wallpaper like this pink Flamingo design from Cole & Son to bring the whole look together, and to give a nod to the tropical trend!
• “Look for illuminated back lit mirrors which have coloured lighting options for a boutique twist on the trend for bold and bright bathroom lights.
• “Buy or paint a small piece of furniture in a bold colour to create a unique focus. Whether it’s a small wooden chair or a large console table, you can quickly breathe new life into your bathroom with neon yellows, pinks, and electric blues.
• “If you’re not brave enough to bring in bright bathroom colours across your furniture, embrace a splash of colour in your wallpaper, or frame your bathroom with bold fabric on a roman blind. Designer’s Guild has some fabulous patterned fabrics and papers to get your creative juices flowing.
• “Finally, go wild and paint all of the woodwork in the bathroom in a bold colour for a real impact. Don’t forget about the window frames and the door too, as even in smaller spaces, these areas provide a large blank space to get creative and add a splash of summer style.
“Check out the Heritage Pinterest page for more ideas on how to turn your bathroom into a bright tropical paradise this Summer, and don’t forget to peruse the stunning image gallery to see how to get the look too!”